Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ora pro nobis

Tomorrow through Friday I will be taking comprehensive exams, 2-6 pm each day. I beg your prayers for myself and for those others who will be taking the exams as well. I am cautiously confident, but I am quite nervous as well. Here is a prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino that I heartily recommend to you as a great way to come before the Lord when preparing for a test. Please pray it and spread it to others so that all can love St. Joseph, who is so worthy of love.
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked. Through Christ our Lord. St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us. Amen.
While looking for this prayer, I also found this great account of St. Joseph's life. He is quite an inspiration to me, and I wish I could imitate in some small way his holiness. Thanks so much, everyone. You all are a great blessing to me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sapientiae Amator said...

Good luck! I'll pray that you do well.

6:18 AM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Clashing Symbol said...

Yo,

for real.

10:00 AM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Whiskey said...

Day one went ok. Today I think is going to be the hardest.

6:04 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

Up to the breach, dear friend! Up to the breach! With God before, the saints among, and friends behind, I know you'll conquer this one.

7:19 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Sacagawea Extreme said...

Good Luck Mr. Whiskey!!!

4:24 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Whiskey said...

Thanks, friends. Day two went fine. Here's to tomorrow!

4:48 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger Mrs. Bear said...

+
Praying for you!

10:18 AM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home