Thursday, April 06, 2006

From the Mouth of

Peggy Noonan (about a month ago, but I just saw it today). "Americans take refuge in their homes. It's how they protect themselves from their culture. It helps us maintain our optimism." [Btw, I especially like the rhetorical effect here of switching from the third to the first person plural.] I could think about this quote all day. TV, Internet (here I am!), radio, billboards, ads on taxicabs, pop music in every store, in every bank, in every public building. It's true: we need a place of refuge from our own culture. And we are optimistic because we have one, our home. God save our homes. Her piece is quite good. The main thrust is as follows: "America has become creepy for women who think of themselves as ladies."

2 Comments:

Blogger Clashing Symbol said...

I dig.

I love it when a woman articulates her worth.

6:06 PM, April 06, 2006  
Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

Yet another reason why a Christian patriarchy is a sacred thing...where did I put my sword?

8:00 AM, April 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home