Friday, February 17, 2006

Patron Saint of the Internet

Some time ago, benthegreen emailed me this link, which I didn't pay any attention to at the time, but today as I was going through old emails, I came across it again and realize that it is just the thing that I and everyone else who spends excessive time on the internet needs. Someone to pray to who will watch over us as we use the internet: ladies and gentlemen, I give you Saint Isidore of Seville. Oratio ante colligationem in Interrete factam Omnípotens aetérne Deus, qui nos secúndum imáginem Tuam plasmásti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesértim in divína persóna Unigéniti Fílii Tui Dómini nostri Iesu Chrísti, quaérere iussísti, praesta quaésumus ut, per intercessiónem Sancti Isidóri, Epíscopi et Doctóris, in peregrinatiónibus per interrete factis et manus oculósque ad quae Tibi sunt plácita intendámus et omnes quos convénimus cum caritáte ac patiéntia accipiámus. Per Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

That's awesome, Whiskey. I was thinking, how would St. Isadore be depicted in modern iconography? Many saints carry palm branches or lilies or loaves of bread...would he be wielding a stick and a stop watch? :)

9:41 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger lord_sebastian_flyte said...

Good gracious, that is strange that we both hit on the same idea almost at once. I confess, though, that this feeling--the "I blog too much" feeling--has been lurking in the crepuscule of my mind for some time now.

Good point about Lent, Annie.

10:09 AM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home