Saturday, February 11, 2006

Barbar

Evidence. Look at #81. I also maintain my second line of defense, should anyone attempt to submit contrary evidence (not that I admit that any such thing could exist). Regarding the pronunciation, the accent is most definitely on the final syllable (scroll down a little ways to find it), making the presence or absence of a final consonant on the initial syllable difficult for my weak memory, such as it is, to recall. Not that I'm admitting I'm wrong, or anything.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sapientiae Amator said...

Clearly, the newfangled pronunciation ("BAB-ar") is but Yet Another Evil Consequence of Vatican II (TM). Evidence.

4:29 PM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger lord_sebastian_flyte said...

I dunno--"buh-bar" is the correct French pronunciation, but that can't be anti-Vatican II, since the French bishops were among the most eager for the council. In fact, we might say that the it is in spite of the French bishops that the council didn't go much further than it did. No?

(I used to pronounce it "BarBar as well, Whiskey. Take correction like a good Catholic.)

7:28 AM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Andrew Simone said...

Perfection is the enemy of the good.

10:27 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Thales said...

Definitely Ba - Bar. Grew up with the books and the shows, and it was never Bar-bar. Sorry Whiskey.

10:29 AM, March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home