Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Chesterton

Today is picture day, I guess. I love a good Chesterton pic. There's something about his roundness that makes me feel comfortable. I guess I feel the same about Aquinas. They remind me of going to visit my grandparents when I was little. We would drive up to their house after 4 days of hot car rides, and Granddaddy would come out of the house with a huge smile and I would run up to him and give him a big hug, and my arms would reach about half-way around his belly, and my head would give his stomach a good solid thump, as I reveled in his roundness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clashing Symbol said...

It bespeaks of God's paternity, the theology of "excess." God loves us so gratuitously and what better way to image this love then with a body--vincibly or invincibly--excessive. There's just more Aquinas, Chesterton, and Granddaddy to love.

10:32 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger M' Lady's Topsail said...

He does seem very Aquinas-like...I've seen many portraits that render him in a state of concentration that almost makes him look grumpy, but this one is great. I would have loved to see (and hear) him laugh. :)

9:36 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home