Thursday, September 04, 2008

Palin's Speech


I loved it. I loved every minute of it. The three things I liked best were visual, and I haven't seen them mentioned yet. When she walked out on stage, the crowd would not stop applauding and cheering, apparently from pent-up frustration with the msm's smear-job following her nomination. As she stood there, taking it all in, she mouthed "Wow." What a reception, eh, Sarah? I was watching the ABC coverage, and later in the speech, they cut to a shot of the little girl (whose name I forget) holding Trig (the infant with Down syndrome). The five-year-old was licking her hand and then smearing down Trig's hair. Priceless! Finally, after Palin gave her line about the difference between hockey moms and pit bulls (lipstick), she looked out into the crowd (and seemingly right at the camera) and winked, as if to say, that one's for you -- for us. We have an advocate.

Update: Here's the video of the hair-do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home