Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Meme: Five Weird Habits of Myself

Sephora, the sneak, has tagged me.

Rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

1. I hate going to bed. I also hate getting out of bed. I am liable to do everything I can think of before I finally put on my pajamas and crawl between the sheets. The combination of these two habits has reduced the time I have to get ready in the morning before work to 10 minutes. Yes, folks, I am in my car on the way to teach 10 minutes after turning off my alarm clock.
2. I am obsessive in preserving precision in speech. Don't even think of being fast and loose with your words around me, buster. I cringe when my students ask if they can go to the bathroom, I twitch when I see the express lane at Kroger admitting only those with 15 items or less (fewer, damit, fewer), I sputter when asked who I will vote for. Of course, the consequence of this is that I'm terribly embarrassed when I myself make a verbal misstep.
3. I strongly dislike ketchup. I know that might lead you to think I'm un-American, but the converse is actually the case. An accident, I admit, of birth, I am violently patriotic. But I can't stand ketchup.
4. I take really long showers. Not on principle, mind you. I just start day-dreaming and pretty soon, it's 20-30 minutes later and I'm a pink raisin. I am particularly likely to take a long shower if I have been conversing recently with someone I disagree with and the argument is fresh in my mind. Then I'll think and think and think about what's been said and what should have been said and no washing occurs.
5. I waste hours and hours on the internet. This is the habit I hate the most about myself. In order to spend less time on the internet, I decided to blog. This is working out really well. Now I do absolutely nothing but stare at the computer, rather than simply doing pretty much nothing but staring at the computer. Ah, well...

I hereby tag benthegreen, Flannery, Annie, Sapientiae Amator, and Sacagawea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Bear said...

+
My freshman year philosophy tutor expressed her own dismay with the express checkout sign's language during one of our first discussions of discrete and continuous quantity. I have remembered it ever since! :-)

God bless,
Mrs. Bear

1:49 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger Andrew Simone said...

So you must be an evening shower person, otherwise you would have problems with the 10 minute morning ritual.

I, too, have a 10 minute morning ritual

3:26 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger Whiskey said...

It's true. I am an evening shower person. Or a midafternoon shower person. Or an any-other-time-
other-than-right-after-I-get-up-shower person

4:13 PM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home