Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Chesterton Game

There's this fun game at the American Chesterton Society Blog, which is basically a meme. Here it goes. 1. When did you first read a Chesterton book, story, or poem, and which was it? When I was little, my mom had some Fr. Brown stories on tape, and I can remember as a little child listening to them. As I recall, I found them a bit morbid and strange. 2. What was the most recent of GKC's writings you read? I started reading the volume of his essays in the Saturday Evening Post. The last thing I finished I think was The Man Who Was Thursday, which is also morbid, and excellent. 3. Which is your favorite book, poem - or quote? Definitely The Everlasting Man. It is without question Chesterton's finest work. 4. Which would you recommend to a beginner? I would recomend Orthodoxy. Chesterton is a bit all over the place, and it helps, I think, to get a sense of the center before you're thrown into orbit. 5. What is the most unusual fact or quirky detail you know about G.K.Chesterton? Well, I guess the fact that he was parted from his sanity for a time. It makes his discussion of sanity quite compelling, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home